Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday ICE Linky Party!

Today is the day!
This is the very first "Friday ICE" linky party to share your ICE Resin® creations, jewelry, art, trinkets etc. If you used ICE Resin® to create it we want to see it! 

Friday ICE will be held right here on this blog on the 2nd & 4th Friday of every month. 
So come by and share your love of ICE Resin®

Another fun thing about Friday ICE is that we will have a giveaway at the end of each month and everyone who has linked a project during the month is entered to win a wonderful prize from www.iceresin.com
(It could be an ICE Resin® plunger or a cool bezel, whatever it is, it'll be awesome!)
So thank you to the folks at ICE Resin® for donating and mailing out the prize each month!

My ICE Resin® project you may recognize from the Friday ICE Linky Button.
The bezel is a Sneak Peek of one of the New bezels designed by Susan Lenart Kazmer Line for Spellbinder's Media MixageTM which will be available starting in March 2013!

I first painted on a layer of Vintaj Patina Ink (blue), wiping away the excess, then white washed it with acrylic paint and let it dry.
Next I tore strips of vintage paper and glued them inside the bezel with Susan Lenart Kazmer Art Mechanique Paper Sealer
Then I glued a vintage beaded earring inside as well as the rhinestone trim at the top and bottom with E-6000 jewelry adhesive.
Last I mixed and poured the ICE Resin® and let it cure.
For the backing and the "cord" of the necklace I cut strips of antique lace, tore strips of fabric and tied them together at regular intervals with embroidery floss. I stitched the background rectangle and then stitched the completed bezel to the front.

I hope you'll share your ICE Resin® projects by linking up.
Please be sure to include an image of the Friday ICE Linky Party button on your blog post before linking to the list below.
You can right click and save the image below to your computer for use.

for more information on how to link up please visit the Friday ICE page

Thanks so much everyone for visiting and joining the party!
Hugs!
Thespoena McLaughlin







9 comments:

Lori said...

This is gorgeous! Love the blue color...really cool!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Thanks for hosting the Party,Thespa.I just linked up and you can also see my finished piece from your class:)Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Unknown said...

Great idea, I have made a few things but they are all old. I will have to start playing with my ice resin again...I love the stuff!

Hugs
Caroline

Outofmymind said...

Ice Resin gives a whole new meaning to Ice Junkie!!!!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your necklace is gorgeous. Wish I had something to link up, but it is fun to look. I love Ice Resin.

Unknown said...

Ohhhh the heart is sooo pretty! :) Love using resin myself! :)

Hugs,

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh I should have gotten over here sooner Thespa, What an awesome pendant. Love how you combined the metal with the fabric and lace. I'll have to remember that one.
I'll also have to start posting some of my ice resin pieces. I just finished 3 more. yea!
hugs Lynn

Lynn Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Upcoming events...

I have some VERY Exciting news to share soon. Can't wait to spill the beans!